Preserve Your Smile With Wisdom Teeth Removal
Contact Us Today About Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Eradicate any pain quickly
- Prevent infection or decay
- Avoid the need for complex treatments in the future
- Prevent damage to nearby teeth
- Prioritize your oral health!
While a small percentage of people can retain their wisdom teeth without issue, most patients will need to have their third molars removed at some point in their lives. And while you may wonder if removal is necessary for you or someone you love, it’s important to consider that there are several benefits to having wisdom teeth removed. Among them:
- Improved oral health: Wisdom teeth can crowd the mouth and make it difficult to keep teeth clean, which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Decreased risk of infection: These teeth can trap food and bacteria, which can lead to decay, inflammation and infection.
- Prevention of crowding: Wisdom teeth can push other teeth out of alignment, cause issues with impacted teeth, and more.
- Improved appearance: Third molars can affect the alignment of the teeth and jaw and may cause the lips to appear uneven.
While wisdom teeth removal is a safe and effective outpatient procedure, it’s important to know that some patients will experience side effects that may include pain, swelling, bleeding, and infection. To minimize discomfort, we’ll suggest over-the-counter pain medications and at-home care that will help control these responses. Most patients will recover quickly, most often within a few days of the procedure.
If you are considering wisdom teeth removal, call our office today to discuss your candidacy and needs. We’ll arrange a thorough consultation and make treatment recommendations as needed.