Strengthen Your Smile With Dental Crowns
Contact Us Today About Dental Crowns
- Strengthen a weak or significantly damaged tooth
- Enjoy a restoration that’s natural-looking and customized to your smile
- Experience protective benefits for many years with diligent care
- Prioritize your oral health
- Smile with confidence!
If you have weak or significantly damaged teeth, dental crowns may provide the ideal way to restore your smile.
A custom-made cap that fits over your natural tooth, a dental crown provides added strength and support while also improving a tooth’s appearance by masking damage and discoloration.
Dental crowns are often used to:
- Protect a tooth that has been weakened by decay or injury
- Cap a dental implant
- Support a dental bridge
- Cover a misshapen tooth.
They also provide aesthetic and functional benefits by matching the color, shape, and size of your natural tooth while also improving chewing ability by restoring full function to your tooth.
If you’re considering having a dental crown placed on one or more of your teeth, it’s important to note that while most healthy adults will be candidates for this type of restoration, patients with the following oral health issues should undergo a thorough assessment to determine their candidacy:
- Severe tooth decay: If you have severe tooth decay, you may need to have a root canal procedure performed before a dental crown can be placed.
- Severe gum disease: Patients with severe gum disease may need to have a crown placed after their gum tissue has healed.
- Weak teeth: A dental crown may not be viable for patients with significantly damaged teeth since a crown requires structural support to be placed and maintained.
If you are considering dental crowns or are curious about your candidacy, call us today! We’ll arrange an in-depth consultation and answer any questions you may have.